Friday, February 12, 2010

The Ginger People Rock! Me not so much.







Today I became reaquainted with the Healthy Life Market in Barboursville. It is a small health food store located inside a drug store. They don't have a lot, but they have so much more than anywhere else around here when it comes to organic and/or natural and vegan options. Since Ava was not with me today I could really stop to check out everything they have and get to know the store in and out. I think I was there for over an hour and it only has four isles!

As I was shopping I picked up ginger wasabi sauce made by The Ginger People.

It looked SO good and I couldn't wait to get it home. As I was unloading the groceries, I took the bottle out of the sack and admired it. I was daydreaming about all the meals I would make just so I could use the sauce. Then it occurred to me - I DIDN'T CHECK THE LABEL! As I feared, the product is not vegan. It contains whole eggs. UGH!!!!! Luckily I can still use it on AJ's meals, so it won't be a waste at all, but I am sad I am not going to get to partake. Thankfully there are plenty of vegan options available at www.gingerpeople.com

UPDATE: You gotta try this sauce! I used it tonight (2/15/10) on chicken breasts I baked for AJ's dinner. I washed two chicken breasts, coated them in the sauce, and then dipped them in ground flaxseed. I baked them at 325 for an hour. AJ thought it was great! However, the chicken wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be - from what AJ said. However, the sauce can also be used as a dip for the chicken. I did go ahead and try a tiny taste of the sauce on my finger and it is just hot enough to be good. I wish I could use it on my food!

No comments: