Friday, February 12, 2010

Three Great Treats!

Three great things happened today. 1. I was able to sleep until 11 am, which never EVER happens. Luckily there was no school today due to parent/teacher conferences last night, so Ava went to daycare as planned and I was able to get some sleep. I was very happy because I haven't been feeling too great. I've had a sore throat and cough. I can't tell if those are a result of a cold or my detoxification. 2. I've lost four pounds this week since dedicating myself 100% to vegan eating. I've been eating a lot and I've been so full. I never guessed I was actually losing any weight. 3. Yummy vegetable soup. Tonight I made Alicia's Healing Soup in an attempt to help my throat feel better. Basically it is boiled water with a mixture of veggies (carrots, corn, daikon, potatoes, broccoli, celery, onion). I also added leftover brown rice. I know it sounds pretty bland, but I did season it with soy sauce and it is actually really good! Not too spicy so it doesn't make my stomach upset and it doesn't aggravate my throat. I've never cooked with daikon before. In fact, I'd never heard of it before. It is from the radish family and cooked it tastes really good.

No comments: